Wednesday, April 30, 2008
I'm one year older and wiser, too! ;o)
These are a few of my favorite things:
Hot, buttered popcorn at the movie with a Diet Coke.
hot chocolate and toast.
White chocolate covered strawberries.
a good book.
the N. princess.
Monday, April 28, 2008
1. A good report from the doctor, I could breath a huge sigh of relief!
2. No more brace! I HATED pointing at everything! I am glad it wasn't my middle finger!
3. "Baby Mama"-HILARIOUS! I love Amy Poeler, so I thought it was so funny. If your an SNL fan, you will love it!
4. Two nights out-Friday and Saturday!
5. Two more good books to read from the library!
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
What's up with the use of only 3 letters?
There's 23 other perfectly good letters!
That's a lot of S's, J's and L's! All six of us use only 3 letters in all 3 of our initials. (does that make sense?) I'm so glad none of our kids have first names with an S! Except Sawyer, if you want to count him! (I know you don't, mom!)
1. Landon won his game 4-3. He was goalie for a bit and did awesome. He is such a good little player!
2. Shawn, who rubs my back and neck while I work, (for four hours straight), just kidding!
3. That reminds me of that new SNL sketch that is soo awesome and funny, just kidding, it isn't that funny, just kidding it is, just kidding I really like that girl, just kidding, she sucks, just kidding, just kidding, just kidding.
4. Good bye to Marlee. I'm sad to see her go, but relieved in a way. It got to be a little awkward and I didn't want to see her have to struggle through two dances.
5. "I Survived", on the Bio channel. Has anyone see this show? It is soooo good. But not for the faint of heart, for sure. It's about people who have faced death and survived. It's really good.
Sunday, April 20, 2008
I'm not sure this picture captured the sweet moment between daddy and daughter, but it was one of those moments that I wanted to seer into my memory. Shawn has been working a lot lately, UPS and side jobs, and we have really missed daddy! This is at Jaxon's soccer game. Shawn was planning on working, but he took it off to spend with us and we were so happy!
1. kids who adore their daddy.
2. Saturday's together.
3. date night tonight! We went to dinner and a movie with our great friends the Carmacks! We had a great time. We went to Chili's (not so great, and now it's documented for future reference!) and we saw "21". I really liked this movie!
4. kids sound asleep when we got home, though not all in their right beds!
5. putting family first, thanks babe!
Thursday, April 17, 2008
1. It will be 7 weeks tomorrow!
2. I put on a pair of pants that I couldn't even get on a while ago and they fit me better than they ever have!
3. I have met my first goal of straight jogging for 1 mile! (which is a lot for me!)
4. I have more energy. wait. could it be that energy drink with 80 mg of caffeine? nah.
5. I feel better.
p.s. you will never read here about how much weight I've lost.
I threw out my scale.
I'm going just on how I feel.
and how my clothes fit.
besides, you'd get dizzy from the roller coaster ride.
maybe not never.
Also, something funny Jensyn said at dinner. I was telling her that she was going to go to bed early (since she was whining and crying) and she exclaimed:
"STOP ACTING LIKE A STEPMOTHER!"
I was LOL.
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Of course it was awesome (especially the lemon poppyseed muffin, YUM!), but the company was even better! Kelly and her sweet little boy. He calls me "chebby" or "chubby" which is nothing new! I have been called lots of things along those same lines. My favorite one was a looooong time ago when the babydoll "Shelly Belly" came out. I can still remember the jingle because it was sung to me many times a day back then:
"Shelly belly, Shelly belly,
your belly's made of jelly.
Shelly belly, Shelly belly,
your belly's made of jelly."
Ha, ha. very funny. Luckily, it didn't leave a mark on me or anything like that. I hardly even remember. It was only like 25 years ago!
1. 5 o'clock and my husband walked through the door! Yay!
2. 5 dollar Little Ceasars pizza. (pizza! pizza!).
3. -can't forget the breadsticks!
4. Landon's soccer game tonight, with my hubby!
5. Finding my ipod!
p.s. Priscilla has left the building!
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
So now Lincoln's started doing it, because apparently "bragging" is not allowed.
It makes the kids so upset. It brings them to tears. They even do it to me! This, I don't understand. I mean I do, but at their age?! (sigh.)
1. I can't wait for this first baseball practice to be over because then Landon will stop asking me every 5 minutes questions about said baseball practice.
2. Snow and sun today. Yes, in the same sentence. Ahhh...only in Utah!
3. Listening to High School Musical on my walk today. Not my choice, but I couldn't find my ipod so I had to take Lincoln's. Luckily, there were some good songs on it.
4. my new vanilla swirl lip gloss. Anyone who knows me, knows I love vanilla.
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Jaxon won 7-1. He was great on defense ;)
Jensyn wouldn't play and cried on my lap until I sent her to the car. (eeeeeeeK)
Lincoln's team lost 7-0. He had a great attitude. He played so hard.
We were telling him that it's easy to be a winner.
Our true colors come out in defeat...
1. Soccer Saturdays. It's a lot, but it's a lot of fun.
2. being a cheerleader for our kids.
3. Shawn working side jobs, and making it to one game :)
4. a much needed diet Coke by the third game and
5. 7-11 treats!
I am forever the "treat mom".
Friday, April 11, 2008
I can run.
I can see and hear.
I can touch and feel.
I can sing and dance
even with two left feet.
I can smile and laugh.
I can cry.
I can dream.
I can wish.
I can make a snow angel.
I can read and write.
I have my own hair.
I can make my own choices.
I can make my own mistakes.
I can breathe.
I haven't lost a child.
I haven't lost a spouse or a sibling.
I haven't lost a parent.
I haven't fought in a war.
I don't want to have a tragedy
to wake me up.
or put me to sleep.
I am grateful.
for all the simple things.
that some people don't have.
and that I probably take for granted
every. single. day.
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
1. a quiet afternoon.
2. taking Murph for a walk.
3. When Jensyn says- smarshmellows.
4. I just love the month of April ;)
5. El Matador bad. Cafe Rio good.
Monday, April 7, 2008
Sunday, April 6, 2008
How quickly we adapt.
so this finger that I broke, for the first week, I really thought I was going to go crazy. It being my pointer finger and on my left hand (and I am a lefty!). It was DRIVING ME CRAZY.
But it's funny how we creatures quickly adapt.
I'm now using this brace like a finger. Things are getting easier to do (like typing) and other things, like doing my hair, loading the dishwasher, taking a shower (of course with a little plastic baggy securely around my finger). I'm getting used to my "new normal". Like anything in life, I guess. This is just more pronounced, and tangible, being on my finger. Things in life are always changing and we are constantly adapting.
and I'm grateful.
Besides, how boring would life be, right?
2. being able to adapt to change.
3. conference weekend.
4. the power of healing. The body's natural ability to heal itself. It truly is amazing!
5. President Monson.
Friday, April 4, 2008
Jaxon was freezing,
I told him to bring a jacket.
He promised next time he would listen.
Someone's missing, you say?
Miss Jensyn was at her first "lateover"
1. winning 1-0.
2. a very sweet tribute from a very sweet friend.
5. 5 weeks!
Thursday, April 3, 2008
1. My first grader acting all grown up and dancing with a girl!
2. "The Goose Girl"-this is a MUST read!!!
3. Serving others. There's no way to be selfish if you're doing something for someone else.
4. The song "The Luckiest" by Ben Folds Five.
5. Murphy. I love that dog, even if he is a mutt.
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Poor Steven Guttenberg. One of my favorites. It was a sad day on Dancing With The Stars last night, am I right? Dang it.
I had myself a good laugh yesterday! I told Shawn if I got at least one person I would be happy. You should have seen me at my computer that morning giggling to myself like a schoolboy. Thus, I am happy!
Five For Today:
1. Well I didn't get to go on my jalk today because it was raining too hard when I wanted to go. Maybe this evening when Shawn gets home. All is not lost! And I was able to get semi-caught-up on the laundry!
2. RockBand with Kellyannie! What great fun! June 22nd people, is the day RockBand comes out for the wii. We are so totally getting it!
3. Nelson's frozen custard. It's been a while, but worth the wait! Soo good. I can't even describe how good.
4. so Baseball is going to be starting on top of soocer! It's about to get tricky here at the Smith's. But the good news is that Lincoln and Landon get to be on the same team for baseball! This will be great because last season I had to miss some of their games. It only worked out because Lincoln made the deadline (April 30) and Landon barely misses it. sweet.
5. a cute husband who leaves fun messages for me on the machine... the one today went something like this:
"um, hi...yeah, I was looking in the dictionary under the most beautiful woman in the world and it said (my name) at this number, so if you could have her call me, I would really appreciate it..."
I was rolling my eyes, of course
I know...cheesy, but still sweet and so Shawn!