Tuesday, June 17, 2008

WARNING: This contains mush.



For my Dad...

Something quite profound hit me on Father's Day this year. I've watched over the years how wonderfully my dad treats my mom. He holds her high on this pedistal and quietly sits below and guards her and protects her and loves her. I realized that more than it is about how he treats her, it is about him showing us (his three girls) the way we should be treated.

Lucky for me, I am treated this very same way (except the quiet part).

For Shawn...

You are my rock. I lean on you for many things...at times, too many things. You are always thinking of ways to help me, to make my life easier. You prove day in and day out that you would do anything for me. Thank you.

I love you.

p.s. What they say is true: I'm always a day (or two) late and a dollar (or two) short!


5 comments:

Grandma Scott said...

You are so sweet and so thoughtful all the time. Dad is a great example to all. Shawn does treat you like a queen just like you deserve to be treated. He is a great guy and you deserve the best. You are always thinking of others. You have a darling family and you are a great example to them. Your inherited a great trait from Dat, you are very quiet. Thanks for doing a great job of dinner on Fathers day. I was so proud of you and I love dinner.

Anonymous said...

It is always profoundly pleasing to witness a good man who marries a good woman and then to see the impact they have on the world, people, community, family, each other.

P.S. I agree with Grandma Scott.

kelly said...

Very sweet. A little mush is a good thing.

LL said...

so sweet and good for you--just think of what your passing on. 3 boys learning and a daughter recognizing the way she deserves to be treated.
GOOD FOR YOU!!!

Holly said...

I don't know Shawn, but he seems like a wonderful guy!

Hope you guys had a great Father's Day!