My nephew Jakie got his mission call to Utica (?) New York and spoke in church yesterday! Way to go Jake! He was awesome! He is so ready and we are all so proud of him. We had so much fun at my brother's house afterwards. They outdid themselves by making Cafe Rio salads (yummmmmy) (I have the recipe for the pork and solantro dressing if anyone wants it, thanks Carrie)! It was so fun to see all of our family that we don't get to see all the time...
My brother Jeff, Cody, Jake and Shawn...
Jaxon in the backyard on the swings...
and Jensyn...Landon was busy playing basketball with Shane!
I just finished a book that said you should write 5 things every day that you are grateful for. I'm going to try this!
1. Murphy...he brings us all so much joy! (I know, I sound like a sap).
2. Mountain of laundry...I finished it today!
3. my new job...(so far these are all starting with "M"). It's going really well and I'm grateful to be working again after a fun summer off!
4. my visiting teacher, she brought us yummy cookies last night.
5. diet coke. A day doesn't go by that I'm not grateful for that!