Thursday, September 11, 2008

7 years ago...

"Where were you when the world stopped turning
that September morn?" -Alan Jackson


I was holding baby Lincoln in my arms when my phone rang.
It was my mom.
She asked me if I was watching the news.
She told me to turn on the TV...fast.
I stood in horror watching over and over the tower being attacked.
I was shocked. We all were.

I was in disbelief. I was scared. I was wondering:

What next, are we next?


We were living in our house in Ogden.
I remember so clearly.

I remember the next day
driving down mountain road and there were flags out
everywhere.
I immediately started crying

The rally had begun.


One year later-
I called my mom...
and then my dad...
and my sisters...
and then my brother.

I told them all I loved them.
They asked if I was dying :)

No more putting off tomorrow what I can do today.


Seven years later-

No more putting off tomorrow what I can do today.

3 comments:

Grandma Scott said...

I think everyone remembers what they were doing and where they were 7 years ago today. That is something that made history and we must never forget. I am so glad that it hasn't happened since but we must always be prepared/ That is such good advice to not put off untill tomorrow what we can do today. We may never get another chance. Love to all of you.

Candy McCall said...

Thanks Shel.
I love your words. How neat for you to take that opportunity to call your family.
On that note, Thankyou SO much for your wonderful friendship.

Holly said...

Very well said!

I love the pics of your Kitty Girl. :)